The gaming world is experiencing a massive change, thanks to blockchain technology and play to earn crypto games. In traditional gaming, players mostly pay to earn or, at most, play for free, and their acquired in-game assets are of no value in the real world. But the case became different with the advent of GameFi, a portmanteau of gaming and finance that merges gaming with cryptocurrency. Now, players can play games to earn money.
Acquired in-game assets by players, whether weapons, game characters, or clothes (also known as skins), can now be of economic importance to the outside world. These in-game assets are non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and can be traded on NFT marketplaces and crypto exchange sites.
Top NFT Games to Play Now + One Exciting New Comer to the List
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are slowly gaining popularity, as the NFT market in 2021 alone was worth $41 billion. New Trends for 2023. With this, NFT games are the new gold mine, and while some require you to buy initial characters to start playing, other ones, known as free-to-play games, do not. Here are seven of the best NFT games out there:
- Axie Infinity
- The Sandbox
- Gods Unchained
Let’s check them out one by one, but first – let’s look at a new collection of Metaverse NFTs.
MetaBlaze: MetaBlaze’s world of stunning, utility packed NFT art and p2e games is expected to be a treasure trove for those who wander the Web3 world. MetaBlaze NFTs are currently accessible in a presale setting with an official mint date of its MetaGoblin NFT series set for October 15th, and is set to take place on OpenSea NFT Marketplace. The P2E Gaming Firm brings immersive and interactive experiences, where one can play to earn blue chip cryptos: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) Binance, and more. MetaBlaze brings you into a world of stunning NFT art and NFT-driven games intertwined with compelling worldbuilding and rich narratives that explore the vastness of Galaxia Blue.
- Axie Infinity: Axie Infinity is one of the first play to earn crypto games and is a market leader in the Gamefi sector. It is an NFT-based crypto game that is built on Ethereum blockchain. In Axie Infinity, players collect digital pets and breed them. These pets are all NFTs that can be traded. To start playing Axie Infinity, you need to purchase at least three Axies.Axies are the digital pets in Axie Infinity, and they come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. There are currently six regions in Axie Infinity- each with their own environment and types of Axies. The first three Axies are obtained by purchasing them from the Genesis Plaza using ETH. After that, players can start breeding their Axies to create new Axies with different traits.
- The Sandbox: The Sandbox is another NFT game worthy of note. In Sandbox, players are allowed to create their games without coding. A player makes money in a game by creating digital artworks (NFTs) and selling them or by creating games and charging other players to play them. The game consists of several parcels of land with which players can do what they wish. The game was firstly a mobile game in 2011 and was integrated into blockchain technology in 2018 so that players can create their games and art and earn.
- Gods unchained: Gods Unchained is a decentralized, blockchain-based card game that allows players to buy, sell, and trade cards with other players. The game utilizes Gods Tokens ($GODS), which are stored on the Ethereum blockchain. Gods Unchained allows players to build decks of cards and battle with other players in exciting PvP matchups. The game also features a marketplace where players can buy and sell Gods cards and NFTs. Gods Unchained is one of the first crypto games to utilize the power of blockchain technology and NFTs. The game is a fun and exciting way to earn Gods Tokens and climb the leaderboards. Whether you’re a casual player or a hardcore competitor, Gods Unchained is sure to provide an enjoyable gaming experience.
- Decentraland: Decentraland is another great NFT gaming platform built on the Ethereum blockchain in which landparcels are the NFTs involved, and players earn by buying and selling land parcels. The Decentraland currency, $MANA, can be exchanged for other cryptocurrencies on exchange platforms. Players of Decentraland can also build their own game and earn MANA from a user who participates. In addition, players can play in casinos in Decentraland and earn. A parcel of land in Decentraland can be sold for as much as $1,000.
- Splinterlands: Splinterlands is a digital collectible gaming card game that allows players to battle each other using their Splinterlands cards. In Splinterlands, players can collect cards and play against others in the game. Each card (NFT) has different attributes, and some are better than others. According to Splinterland’s website, they have paid out more than $6 million in prizes since they launched the game. Players can also borrow a card from another player if they do not have one and share the gains. Splinterlands is a unique and fun way to collect and play with your friends.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH NFT GAMING
After finding out about some of the best NFT games out there, questions may arise in your mind on how to start. Not to worry, here is a simple step-by-step guide.
- Get yourself a crypto wallet: Before you can start playing crypto games, you must first get a crypto wallet. The crypto wallet allows you to buy and sell digital assets and store them. Examples of such crypto wallets are MetaMask, and Trust Wallet.
- Select a game: After creating a crypto wallet, the next step is to select the NFT game you want to play. After selecting a game, carry out extensive research on the game.
The NFT game collection is increasing, with more projects being launched by the day. There are different NFT games with different gameplay, and you will find one you like. There are role-playing games, card games, battle games, and many more.
- Purchase the crypto token or NFT required: Most NFT games are built on the Ethereum blockchain. Therefore, you most likely need some Ethereum tokens (ETH) to start. Do your own research on whatever game you have decided to play and purchase the needed assets to start.
NFT games are fast gaining ground and overtaking traditional gaming. It is an opportunity not only to play games and have fun but also to make money. This merge of gaming and crypto, where one can earn thousands of dollars just by playing games at home, was made possible with Blockchain technology. Also, being that GameFi is still in its infancy stage, there is so much potential to explore.