Star Atlas combines state-of-the-art blockchain technology with a metaverse the size of a galaxy where players can explore and earn on their odyssey through the awe-inspiring deepest reaches of outer space.
Why Full Asset Ownership — and Play-to-Earn Ability?
The ethos of the Star Atlas development team is to encourage the liberation of time spent in this virtual world and emphasize the ability for this value generation to transcend the virtual to the real world and establish sovereign metaverse feedback loop.
Digital assets owned always belong to the holder that are kept safe in a wallet and earned crypto assets can be converted into other exchange mediums at the push of a button.
Using the ATLAS Token
ATLAS will serve as the native in-game currency within Star Atlas. Unlike the governance-focused POLIS, players will initially spend ATLAS to acquire digital assets such as ships, crew, components, land, and equipment.
Players hoping to strike it rich in Star Atlas will need to carefully prioritize how much ATLAS they use in the metaverse with how much income they can earn with their time. ATLAS will serve as the in-game currency to purchase assets or items from an NPC merchant or directly from a player (peer-to-peer), such as personnel for mining equipment, fuel for ships, and repairs for damages, as well as serve as the predominant currency within the NFT marketplace.
Star Atlas Galactic Marketplace
The Star Atlas Galactic Marketplace connects all players in-game to buy and sell all asset types and post job listings for paid, in-game tasks.
The majority of assets traded on the Marketplace will be earned doing in-game tasks but can also be purchased from the pre-sale and exclusive future sales, which will enable users to get a hold of exceptionally rare and unique items like commemorative spaceships. Other players will place bid offers or settle immediately for the price limit.
DeFi Economic System of the Future
Powered by the Solana blockchain and Serum protocol, Star Atlas provides real money-making opportunities for metaverse gaming participants. Instead of playing prescribed roles to earn video game points which can then be exchanged for real-world currencies on grey markets, Star Atlas enables open-ended creative experiences that are monetizable across the metaverse via ATLAS and NFTs.
Here are some of the key decentralized finance functions that Star Atlas can facilitate:
- Lending — Loaning a variety of Solana/ Serum assets to earn yield
- AMM — Automated market-making on various asset pairs to earn trade fees
- Yield Farming — Identifying assets to borrow at lower yield, and lending/ trading with higher yield, earning the spread on assets
- Player-Created Content — Star Atlas plans to enable player-created content generation to be added to the game and then sold on the marketplace. These include externally created assets or skins, such as efficiency algorithms, which would provide buyers with an advantage in mining yields, trading yields.
Play to Earn Partnerships
Star Atlas has announced a partnership with Yield Guild Games (YGG), a community leader in uniting play to earn gamers. Through the partnership, YGG will enable metaverse participants to lease NFTs on the in-game Star Atlas DeFi marketplace.
YGG’s mission is to gather gamers around the play-to-earn metaverse and invest in assets that help those players earn yield. One such example is in the Philippines, where the NFT game Axie Infinity has enjoyed massive popularity. In mid-June, YGG reported 1,000 scholars around the world playing the Pokemon-inspired game, who have earned more than 14 million in-game tokens known as Small Love Potions — equivalent to about $1.9 million.
YGG’s $4-million Series A investment in Axie Infinity, completed this June, will expand this network by purchasing and lending out even more NFT assets.
YGG allows players to earn yield by operating, selling, or leasing collectibles in-game. As NFTs, these items are uniquely distinguished and monetized based on the value ascribed to them. Thus, no matter their location, players can generate income by operating and selling these leased in-game objects within Star Atlas.
- ATLAS is a real-world cryptocurrency as well as the official token of Star Atlas, which is used to purchase in-game items and assets both within the marketplace and peer-to-peer.
- POLIS, on the other hand, will be focused on metaverse governance.
- With the release of Star Atlas, all in-game assets will be delivered to players as direct-owned non-fungible digital tokens
- Players will possess complete control of their purchased assets
- Assets will be secured, verifiable, and authenticated on the blockchain
- Serum’s DEX supports the Star Atlas economy through nearly instant settlement and virtually zero operating costs
- NFTs obtained and traded within Star Atlas create an economy that replicates the tangibility of real-world assets and ownership.
Star Atlas players can stake assets with real-world value to grow their in-game corporate empires, discover unique and distant alien worlds, and battle in high-stakes combat. The confluence of various technologies presents a unique opportunity for the future of finance, video games, entertainment, real-world professions, and blockchain, where people are freed from the chains of centralized platforms and can make a living based on their tame and effort, and have a lot of fun doing it.
Come explore with us at staratlas.com!
ABOUT STAR ATLAS
Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state of the art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video game, and decentralized financial technologies.
Real-time graphics technology using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. Blockchain technology using the Solana protocol established a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas creates an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership. To learn more, visit StarAtlas.com.