In early 2020, we integrated Stripe so that Sorare managers could easily buy cards with their preferred payment option: debit card, credit card, apple pay, android pay. We were building the first bridge for non-crypto users to easily acquire and trade Sorare cards.
Since then, we’ve seen more and more non-native crypto enthusiasts join and play Sorare. Whilst the credit card helps, as soon as you start playing Sorare frequently, it’s easier to fund your account before bidding and collecting.
We’re delighted to share that we’ve partnered with Ramp to provide a streamlined and easy experience for users to fund their wallets in their favorite currency ($,€,£ and for more than 40 countries) and favorite payment option (open banking, bank transfer, credit card etc) within Sorare.With Ramp you will easily convert your preferred currency into ETH so that you can seamlessly collect cards on Sorare.
How does it work?
When you will click on your Sorare wallet, you will now see a new funding option called “Fund With Ramp”. Once you click, follow these steps:
- Choose the amount and your currency
- Input your email address
- Verify your email address
- Select and add your payment method
- Confirm your payment
- The funds will appear on your Sorare wallet in minutes, depending on the payment method you choose (fastest are easy open banking transfers and cards)
Thanks to Ramp, managers can fund their accounts without needing to leave Sorare anymore. This will dramatically reduce friction and help onboard our next wave of players.
You can also watch our video tutorial on Twitter to see it in action.
- Ramp supports bank transfers, credit & debit cards, open banking, apple pay, and local payment methods. See their full list here.
- Ramp has easily understandable fees that are clearly shown. Here’s the breakdown of how it works.
- Depending on the amounts you wish to fund, Ramp might ask you for some identification.
Ramp is designed to be delightfully easy. We’re confident this new feature is an important step in our vision to onboard millions of people interacting with scarce digital assets.
Our focus is the growth of the game and the community for the long-term. As always, we welcome your ongoing feedback.