September was possibly the best month so far in the history of Axie Infinity! The pieces are coming together and we are firing on all fronts. The community is growing at an astounding rate, marketplace volume is exploding, and here at Axie HQ, we’re getting very close to sharing new gameplay with the community!
Let’s dive in.
Growth & Adoption
Growth is going parabolic! Active users, marketplace volume, application downloads are all growing at the fastest rates we’ve ever seen.
The recent growth can be chalked up to a few factors:
- General growth of the NFT space. As the NFT grows, Axie should outpace it, as people discover how hard we’ve been working for the past few years and our amazing product/community.
- Positive press such as our recent feature in Coindesk detailing how people are earning a living playing Axie during the pandemic.
- Game assets becoming a true asset class and attracting collectors such as Delphi Digital!
Here are some charts illustrating just how insane the recent growth has been! We’re thrilled that our revolution is gaining momentum. We’re never satisfied and plan to keep pushing even harder during the coming months with a flurry of updates and releases.
If you’d like to monitor our growth in real time, Nansen.ai made their amazing Axie dashboard public!
The Axie community is very excited about landplay and we’ve seen a surge of new landowners entering our ecosystem lately!
We’re very close to rolling out a public Alpha for land. The team is working hard to ensure that it lives up to the lofty expectations and standard you’ve come to expect from us.
As you can see from image above, we’ve made major progress regarding the player interface.
Here are some of the notable achievements from the past month:
- Chimera now roam the map and can be battled. We made multiple upgrades to this experience.
- We’ve made progress around building and upgrading structures. Structures can also be set to work on resource production over time.
- Items can now merge between Axie inventories, backpacks, and a general inventory.
- Furniture is coming!
- We made data storage and performance upgrades to ensure our servers can handle the stress of many landowners playing at once.
Today we’re excited to share a glimpse into the new interface for our upgraded battle system! The design and art team are on fire — check out those cards!
Here’s what we did during September:
- We picked a tentative date for a closed Alpha
- Finished a framework for a talent tree and thought about clear cut archetypes for all the classes. Talents will be a way to further distinguish classes from each other and make the game more interesting and teams more customizable.
- Named many talents.
- Implemented the new interface into our test version.
- Finished buffs/debuffs.
- Discussed sound principles of card copy and how to make the cards as simple to understand as possible.
User Experience & Scaling
We continue to make good progress on our side chain solution: Ronin. This month we saw:
- Erc 20 and Wrapped ETH support added to our wallet.
- More progress on validator on-boarding including a potential big name from the traditional tech space.
- Continued optimization of our block explorer.
- Brainstormed a comprehensive list of features to add to the Axie Marketplace & wallet solution.
- We’re looking to upgrade our physical server hardware to allow for more concurrent battles in the application.
We hope you enjoyed this peak into our recent progress and we’re extremely excited for the months ahead.
See you in Discord!
The Axie Infinity Team